Today, we’ll be discussing Episode 11 of Mr. Sunshine, the hit K Drama on Netflix starring Lee Byung-hun as Eugene Choi, Kim Tae-ri as Go Ae-shin, Yoo Yeon-Seok as Goo Dong-mae, Kim Min-jung as Kudo Hina, and Byun Yo-han as Kim Hee-sung. We discuss:
- How Ae-shin and Eugene meet in the snow. Ae-shin apologizes for her reaction to Eugene’s story, for being a spoiled girl who plays at saving Joseon but is a burden to her family.
- How this episode is all about Hina Kudo: she sets up Lee Se-hun’s mistress to get information on Lee Wan-ik’s house, she is the go-to person for intel by all parties, and though she’s impertinent to all sides, she never gets into trouble.
- How Lee Wan-ik has brought two dangerous people to Joseon: Dr. Matsuyama, who has the autopsy report on Hina Kudo’s husband’s death; and Yong-ju, the Joseon man and former member of the Righteous Army who betrayed Ae-shin’s parents. Yong-ju is summoned back from Manchuria to kill the Foreign Minister.
- How Hui-seung has decided to protect Ae-shin. He dresses up in a fashion similar to Ae-shin’s sniper outfit, and he offers to remain her fiance, to be her shadow, to be her protector when things get dangerous.
- How the King wants the Righteous Army to get a message to the missionaries, and to intercept the messages that Lee Wan-ik has been stealing from the interpreters. This request tells us that the Righteous Army is cooperating in some way with the King!
- The amazing fight scene at the end of the show between Ae-shin and Hina Kudo at Lee Wan-ik’s house.
K Drama Chat is a weekly podcast where we take one Korean (K) Drama each season and and recap and analyze each episode. K Drama Chat is available on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify and Stitcher.
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comment on this episode!