We're Joanna Pineda and Jen McWhorter. We met when we lived across from each other in Alexandria, VA. We shared a nanny and got to be good friends. When Jen and her family moved away, we stayed in touch through Facebook and texts. One day, we realized that we both love K Dramas. After a few months, Joanna convinced Jen to do this podcast with her.
Here's a little about Joanna:
- I'm mom to two amazing boys
- I was born in the Philippines and moved to the US when I was 14.
- I went to high school and college in the San Francisco Bay Area and have been living in the DC area since grad school.
- My husband and I run Matrix Group International, Inc., an interactive agency based in Arlington, VA.
- In addition to K Dramas, I'm passionate about cooking and martial arts. I'm a black belt in TaeKwonDo, and a brown belt in HapKiDo.
- I'm mom to two amazing girls
- I enjoy K Dramas, but also love reality tv shows. Real Housewives is my guilty pleasure.
- The first K Drama show I watched/binged was "My Lovely Sam Soon" and I became addicted ever since.
- I enjoy traveling and I studied abroad in Germany. I hope to visit Korea soon; I still have relatives there.
- I love my peloton - Robin is my favorite instructor.