In this episode, we recap and analyze Episode 9 of It’s Okay to Not Be Okay, the hit K Drama on Netflix. In this episode, the children’s story is King Donkey Ears, the story about the King who had donkey ears and told his hairdresser to keep it a secret. After many years, the hairdresser could no longer hold the secret in, so he shouted to the forest that the king had donkey ears.
The show opens with Gang Tae and Meun Young arguing over going on a trip; they clearly have different ideas for this trip. They ultimately go up to the mountains, visit a spectacular suspension bridge, and spend the night at a guesthouse. They even run into A-reum and Jeoung-Tae, who have run away together, but ultimately decide to separate until they are both recovered enough to be together successfully. Before leaving the guesthouse, Gang Tae gives Meun Young a bouquet of flowers, the flowers he was never able to give her when they were kids.
So much happened in this episode, but the most important scene is when Sang Tae confronts Gang Tae and accuses him of lying because Gang Tae and Meun Young went away together without telling Sang Tae the truth. Sang Tae asks Gang Tae who likes more, him or Meun Young, and then shouts that Gang Tae told their mother every day that he wanted Sang Tae to die, and Gang Tae pushed him into the frozen river and left him to die.
This episode also featured:
- The growing relationship between the publisher and Ju-ri
- Meun Young’s dad saying Meung Young’s just like “that woman,” who was a monster who killed someone and whom he killed.
- The mysterious patient Park Ok-ran taking her book “The Muder of the Witch of the West” from Nurse Park
- Filming locations for It’s Okay to Not Be Okay
- What do chrysanthemums mean?
- What do chrysanthemums means?