Today, we’ll be discussing Episode 10 of Hotel Del Luna. The main storyline is about the hotel Chairman and the bartender trying to set up Koo Chan Sung with the Chairman’s granddaughter. While the granddaughter is interested, Koo Chan Sung says that his heart is already taken. And even though Man Wol tells him to leave the hotel, Koo Chan Sung decides to stay by her side. In the end, Man Wol allows Koo Chan Sung to take care of her and guide her to the afterlife., causing the Moon Tree to burst with flowers. The hotel moves back to the city, and Koo Chan Sung is reinstated as the manager. There are three important side stories: Yeon-wu has come back as a reincarnated Yeong-su. Yeong-su meets Lee Mi-ra and they start to date. Koo Chan Sung meets his mother, who is a ghost trapped in a library. And we see the serial killer set up a man for his many murders.
We do a short recap of the show, and then we dive deep into the episode. We discuss:
- This week’s featured song from the Hotel Del Luna OST - So Long by Paul Kim, a South Korean singer and songwriter.
- The firefly and the green, shadowy character from last week’s episode.
- Whether or not we would make the choice to eat the medicine that would allow us to stop seeing ghosts.
- The love triangle between Man Wol, Koo Chan Sung and the Chairman’s granddaughter.
- Joanna’s grandmother’s visit to her in a dream when she was little.
- The cameo by Sulli, the famous singer/actress and IU’s best friend; she committed suicie in 2019 after filming the cameo.
- How Man Wol accepts that Chan Sung is there to take care of her, and that she will bloom beautifully and then die, like the Moon Tree.
- The side story with Koo Chan Sung’s mom and how we both felt shortchanged by this story, we wanted to know more about his mom and the relationship to develop between them more.
- The side story with the serial killer, and how he knows Sanchez and Koo Chan Sung.
- Our favorite Man Wol outfits.
- How food comes up a lot in this episode, especially how Koo Chan Sung used food to save Sanchez’s life.
- Our favorite lines from the episode.
- Why we think K Dramas make us so emotional, from the music, to the beautiful dialogues, pacing, and character development.
- Sulli made a cameo in Episode 10. She played the granddaughter of the Chairman. Sulli is a singer, actor and model. She is a friend of IU. She was found dead in October 2019.
- Goo Hara committed suicide
- The last phone booth in America
- Secrets of K Drama and K Pop Success
- Why do people get so emotional when watching K Dramas?
- Experts explain why K Dramas are so addictive
- In memory of the living; discussion about Koo Chan Sung’s mom